Debunking myths on genetics and DNA

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

IWSG: what are your accomplishments this month?



This is a monthly event started by the awesome Alex J. Cavanaugh and organized by the Insecure Writer's Support Group. Click here to find out more about the group and sign up for the next event.

After a 1-month hiatus, I'm back for the monthly appointment with the IWSG group. What do I have to report this month? Let's just say that I'm excited and unnerved at the same time. I'm launching my first book in a YA new series, a book that I'm hoping with all my heart will take off. At the same time... it's my first attempt ever at a genre that yes, it is very popular, but also quite unforgiving.

Akaela is launching May 23 and I'm already having the jitters.

I've had some awesome feedback from my awesome beta-readers, but also some general comments that made me go back and completely rewrite the first 4 chapters. I think I fixed the issue now and once again I'm super grateful to my early readers.

Now back to writing. Book 2 awaits! :-)

What about you: big or small, what are your accomplishments this month? What goals have you set for yourself?




11 comments:

  1. My goal is to write with NANOWRIMO intensity--50,000 words. Congrats on your book release--sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I told you on Twitter, I'm excited for the story. It sounds good. =)
    I'm in the process of getting a novella series published. I've never done a series before, so it's presenting some new challenges.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Patricia!! and best of luck with your novella!!

      Delete
  3. Beta readers are awesome! Couldn't make it without 'em.
    Congrats on the upcoming release! :)

    IWSG #134 until Alex culls the list again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three weeks until launch! Keep busy with writing and promotional stuff. That will keep your mind from jittering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your impending launch! And good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic. Good luck--not that you need it. :-)

    Anna from Elements of Writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on you new release. Have fun with the promo and get writing that next book.

    Best wishes,
    Diane IWSG #108

    ReplyDelete
  8. Odd I commented yesterday, but I guess it did not go through. Congrats on new release and your foray into the YA series. I wish you much success. I really enjoyed the story. Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm polishing a couple MSs and formatting them and such. Its great to have two releases this year. And best wishes to you Akaela! I'm sending thoughts of a smashing success right now.

    Stephen Tremp
    IWSG Co-host

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Comments with spam links will be deleted and never published. So, if your intention is to leave a comment just to post a bogus link, please spare your time and mine. To all others: thank you for leaving a comment, I will respond as soon as possible.